[access-uk] Electric Toothbrushes

  • From: Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:37:24 +0100

Hi Everyone

Apologies if this is off topic, but this list has discussed microwaves
and washing machines in the past. I appreciate that my question is not
exactly an access issue, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the
internet.

Until recently we had a Braun electric toothbrush which used sonic
technology (I do not know the model number). It packed up and is no
longer made. Instead of buzzing, like most of the brushes, it hummed and
there was not much vibration.

I bought an Oral B model which came highly recommended by the woman in
Boots, but it is horrible. It makes a buzzing sound and vibrates round
the head and in the hand.

I have been looking at the Philips Sonicare range, but can find no
details of the sound or the amount of vibration.

Can anyone give me any information on this? I would be interested to
hear from people with experience of toothbrushes.

Please wite to me off-list to pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks

Pele