[access-uk] ERROR CHECKING

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:55:28 +0100

Hi all,

I have a few questions relating to checking the HD for errors as I am unable to find the answers in the HELP or from Microsoft.

First, where do I find the log files for any error checking?

Second, when the computer stops after the check is supposedly complete and I get no speech support, what *AM* I supposed to do to continue? (I think I've tried most things!)

My disc is formatted NTFS. I thought errors are supposed to be corrected automatically. Is this right? Well, that's not happening, even if I instruct this to be done by checking the relevant boxes when setting up the scan! <SMILE>

Bad disc - again!

Next question: What else do I hope PC World might change with yet another bad disc after so short a period? Are there any likely components that could be causing the problem besides the bad disc!

I have had some crashes recently and there's no surprise in the fact that these are often JAWS related. However, I can't necessarily blame this situation entirely on JAWS!

Anyone want a new/old computer!  <GRRR>

Thanks for any help with this one.

--
Carol