[access-uk] Re: EMU SOUND CARDS

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:28:48 +0100

Steve,

This is another very good site with lots of stuff. Wish I knew what it all meant but at least I have somewhere else to browse and will do so.

-- Carol carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A good source for advice on this is Turnkey at www.turnkey.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Steve

Hi all,

Although I realise there are perhaps more appropriate lists for such
questions, I have already tried and have had very little response. Seeing a
reference in another post to EMU sound cards on this list, I started to
troll the Internet but, as always, got rather tired . . .. Hope you'll
therefore be able to respond to this one.

I'm looking for a better quality (not necessarily top range) sound card,
preferably that has ins and outs on the front of the computer. In addition,
I need something operating completely independently from the AC97 so as to
avoid any possible hitches in having two sound cards running on this
computer.

Any suggestions most welcome, then I can limit the amount of searching
through reviews that I need to do.

Thanks.

-- Carol carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx