Hi all, like doubtless many others i was given an Echo Dot for Christmas. I
plugged it in last night to charge and it lit up and I’ve plugged it in again
now and it has lit up once again However, as the supporting documentation out
of the box is so limited I wondered whether someone could answer these basic
1. Does the dot work without being plugged up to the mains?
2. I’ve tried powering it up when not connected to the mains but cannot figure
out how to do this. Which button turns it on?
3. Is a more substantial manual available from amazon?
4. Will the Dot do nothing if it has not been associated with the downloadable
5. Has anyone managed to set theirs up using the smart phone app as i know that
others have had trouble doing this.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** and in the Subject line type
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq