[access-uk] Re: Dropbox queries.

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:03:04 +0100

The Dropbox pricing is £7.99/month or £79/year which will get you a
massive 1TB of space, which is almost certainly overkill.

Don't forget, as you've got a Gmail account you get 15Gb free on
Google Drive, and if you've got Windows, you almost certainly have a
Microsoft account, so there's another 15Gb free on Skydrive. Can't
vouch for the accessibility of the latter though, but they all work in
a similar way to Dropbox.

As far as dropbox not synching on your local files on your PC, check
the version - if there's been an updating problem and you're on less
than version 3.x, it won't synch any more.

Also check you aren't synching selective folders, and of course, make
sure the PC client is definitely linked to the correct dropbox
account!

Hope some of this helps!

On 23 April 2015 at 23:52, <chrisalismay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A couple of queries.

Today I’ve been notified that my Dropbox is getting full and inviting me to
upgrade – I bet they’ll be a cost! Butm can I get round this by just
deleting some stuff in Dropbox and, if I do this, does this mean others then
can’t access that file?

Which leads to question 2. I haven’t learnt yet how to upload but do
download regularly and the files always go to my download folder, which is
fine, but I never see these files in Dropbox on my computer. However, I have
Dropbox on my Iphone and can see the files there? Am I seeing an online
version or is this how my computer Dropbox folder should behave too? And, if
so, how do I achieve this?

Alison