[access-uk] Re: Downloading Audible with Free Download Manager

  • From: Amro Bilal <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:16:57 +0000

Thanks Steve. Yes, it does look like one can't use FDM, though I don't think
that the reason lies in the encryption of the Audible contents. There's the
option of importing titles after downloading using methods other than Audible
Download Manager. I'd say it's a silly configuration of the Audible site to
make things easier for customers. I say silly cause Audible should've made this
an option that customers can opt out of it if they wish. Anyway, I've emailed
Audible about this now and will let you all know what they say when I get a
reply. Thanks to you, Ibrahim and Shea who has replied so far.

For the record, I've been an Audible member for about two years now and think
the world of their services and their customers support team too!

Cheers,
Amro