[access-uk] Re: Does the digital age spell the end of Braille? - News - Gadgets and Tech - The Independent

  • From: Iain Lackie <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:53:17 +0100

Nobody has said that braille would be taken away. However, if braille is to
survive in any meaningful way, its production must move into the present
century. We now have access to much more information than ever before.
Refreshable braille needs to catch up and the price of Refreshable braille
needs to come down.

Iain

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 May 2014, at 03:42 pm, Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not at all Clive, it's a very interesting discussion too.

Think Sean O'Connor summed it all up when he said about that if Braille was
taken away from us then there would be some legal issues to grapple with, to
paraphrase him.

Tony Sweeney