[access-uk] Re: Does the digital age spell the end of Braille? - News - Gadgets and Tech - The Independent

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:09:11 +0200

Hi Jacky

I am not a heavy braille user but still use it if only for
reading labels but you never forget it. I have been blind
since I was 6 and started learning braille at 7. About 15
years ago I got so fed-up with asking people to write my
notes and Christmas cards, I still wrote as I did when I was
6, I contacted adult basic learning who taught me how to
write in print properly, I don't use it much but it is
better than being dependent on other people all the time.

Regards

Adrien