[access-uk] Re: Does anyone know how to get to the Task Scheduler?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 17:36:38 -0000

Hi,

Control-shift-Escape.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John Wilson
Sent: 16 November 2015 15:42
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Does anyone know how to get to the Task Scheduler?

Hello All,

I'm using Windows 8.1 and am currently experiencing a problem with a
Microsoft file called GWXUX.EXE; or, at least, I think it's that file
which is causing the trouble. It makes certain web pages failed to
disp;lay and my NVDA speech freeze at the same time.

I believe that this GWXUX.EXE file is something to do with the ability
to upgrade to the free Windows 10 at some point.

I also believe that you can disable it via the Windows Task Manager in
Win8 but can find no way to get to the Task Manager. Can anyone tell me
how to access the Task Manager in Win8?

Thanks.
John.