[access-uk] Re: Does anyone know how to get to the Task Scheduler?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:43:05 +0000

Hi John.

Control shift Escape should get you there.

all the best,

Mo.

On 16/11/2015 15:42, John Wilson wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Windows 8.1 and am currently experiencing a problem with a Microsoft file called GWXUX.EXE; or, at least, I think it's that file which is causing the trouble. It makes certain web pages failed to disp;lay and my NVDA speech freeze at the same time.

I believe that this GWXUX.EXE file is something to do with the ability to upgrade to the free Windows 10 at some point.

I also believe that you can disable it via the Windows Task Manager in Win8 but can find no way to get to the Task Manager. Can anyone tell me how to access the Task Manager in Win8?

Thanks.
John.