[access-uk] Re: Do any laptop users experience this?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:52:47 +0100

Yeah that's fine Christine, thanks for that. What I do at home is pull
the cable out of my laptop so that it runs on battery overnight while
it's asleep (I put it on hybernate every night). Then I use it on
battery in the morning to make sure I do give it chance to run on
battery. I use it until I get the critical battery message and my
computer won't power back on till I've plugged the cable in and I can
use my laptop again. I do this till right before I go to bed when the
same routine starts all over again. However, I think I need to change my
battery as for some reason my laptop's refusing to charge, instead
saying "on AC Power" even if the battery's totally flat! Never mind
though as I don't use my laptop for travel purposes, but rather to
increase my independence so that I can, for example, get it out or plug
a USB device in without bending myself and risk breaking my many
delicate joints. Thanks again for the tip, and I look forward to hearing
from you.