[access-uk] Re: Do any laptop users experience this?

  • From: "Christine Weetman" <goatmum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:39:49 +0100

O, yes Christopher, I regularly run down my laptop battery, its the only
computer i use and its just great!  At night wen hubby goes to bed, he
switches off the mains power to the computer room...if I continue to stay on
my computer for too long my laptop goes off and I have to switch the power
on, press the on switch and wait, the laptop bleaps and bounces back into
life at the place where I left it...however if I just leave it and go to bed
in the morning my machine won't come on as the bat must be totally drained,
the only way it will work is when we have released the battery and pushed it
back in again.  What it does when the thing goes off in the first place is
go into standby.  Hope this helps and its what your after?

Christine W.