[access-uk] Re: Do I need Java?

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 22:15:54 +0200 (CEST)

Jim,

As someone else mentioned, it's a security risk having out-of-date Java, so I'd
definitely update it. You may need it for Open Office and other Java-dependent
programs, and to get some Web content.

Vince.

Message Received: May 01 2014, 08:13 PM
From: "Mark Matthews"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Do I need Java?

Hi Jim,   Yes, I’d update it. Even though you might not actively be using it
(at least to your knowledge), it’s probably for the best. I always update mine
anyway!   Mark   From: J.Doherty Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 8:03 PM To:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: Do I need Java?   Mark, I
don’t know if i’m using jarva or not but this pop up saying my jarva is out
dated makes me think I am. It only comes up when i go into fire fox and not
when i’m in IE. So should I up date it? Jim     From: Mark Matthews Sent:
Thursday, May 01, 2014 7:56 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk]
Re: Do I need Java?   Well, it really would depend on what you want to do, but
as I mentioned it’s maybe for the best, if only from a security point of you.
Do you know if you’re actively using Java at the moment?   Perhaps someone more
qualified in this area can take over.   Mark   From: J.Doherty Sent: Thursday,
May 01, 2014 7:32 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: Do I
need Java?   Mark thanks for your reply. I hope I get more thoughts from other
list members as to whether it is of use to me. Regards Jim     From: Mark
Matthews Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 12:54 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Do I need Java?   I’m of the opinion it’s always best
to have the latest version of Java to get the most out of content on the Web,
stand-alone applications, and also from a security point of view.   I’m not too
sure where we are regarding the accessibility of this platform, but the Access
Bridge is now included in the package.   Mark   From: J.Doherty Sent: Thursday,
May 01, 2014 12:39 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Do I
need Java?   Hi List,   I launched fire fox and was told my java add ons are
out of date, so do I need java? Any help appreciated Jim