[access-uk] Re: Dixons website?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:41:44 +0100

Christine, the world of online shopping is fantastic if you know what
you're looking for. I shop online all the time, and it's wonderful. No
worries about getting to the shops on my own; I can just log on to
something like Amazon.co.uk, choose a CD or something, pay for it, and
it gets delivered in a matter of days, unlike other forms of shopping.
Why not try it and let us know what you think? I appreciate that you may
be worried about giving out card details over the internet, but if you
connect to a secure server (indicated by a window displayed in your
browser stating that you're connecting to a secure server and/or a
padlock icon shown in the status bar) you'll be safe and your personal
data will be encrypted (jumbled up so that hackers can't read the
details). Also, if you use your browser's address bar, an URL that
starts with "https://"; indicates a secure site. As I say try it and let
us know what you think. Good luck!
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:27:30 +0100, "Christine Weetman" <goatmum@xxxxxxx>
said:
> Sorry, I don't understand, surely if one is Buying Online you do Need to
> See
> what your buying??  I have Never bought anything online as I am totally
> blind and can't Imagine how we can Buy what we Can't see, Isn't it safer
> Go to the shop and Touch the item?  I hate to think I am completely
> Ignorant, this is something that really intreagues me?
>
> Just asked my son though and he has looked at the sight, he can see what
> you
> mean, there's certainly a lot of images on there now, he didn't know it
> had
> changed!  Christine W.----- Original Message -----

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx