[access-uk] Diskeeper 2008 Problem: Crashing Microsoft Management Console

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:14:37 -0500

with the recent thread on defragging utilities, I am hoping that someone can maybe help me with a problem that i encounterd with Diskeeper 2008. Whenever I tried to click on the properties of a drive, diskeeper crashed giving me an error message referring to the microsoft management console.

the service was running on the system but defrag on all drives was disabled when I opened the program.

I currently do not have diskeeper instaled but am using the free Smart Defrag program from

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

This is reasonably accessible for someone used to using their screenreader's mouse emulation but is heavier on resources than Diskeeper claims to be when run as an automated background task while the system is in use.

Thanks much.

Doris