[access-uk] Re: Diskeeper

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:14:26 +0100

Thanks for your thoughts, Chris.  I decided during the installation to choose
the option not to defrag automatically in the background so that I can study
the documentation thoroughly before actually doing a run.   It is certainly a
very sophisticated piece of software.

The Fat32 v. NTFS problem does not appear to have a definite answer.  i
have read that using the Convert utility on a badly fragmented drive can
cause problems and as, from what I have read so far, Diskeeper seems
perfectly able to handle FAT32 partitions, I am tempted, with fingers
crossed, to do the defrag first.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison