[access-uk] Re: Disability Discrimination case sucessful

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:52:14 +0100

Hi Andy:

As your case has demonstrated, the DDA is the see you in court act, as I've
always said.  Good on you for taking the local authority to court, I'll bet
the biggest shock they had was that you actually did take them to court.  I
think, rather than employing disabled people, those employers who
discriminate would much rather not employ us, and when they discriminate and
it's taken to court, and they lose, they'd much rather pay out than change
their practise and employ disabled people.  The DDA is an act which seeks to
change the hardest things of all, attitudes.  As you say, the attitude of
the majority is "Disabled people? In employment? What?  How? Impossible!
they are a problem!"  Good on you for taking this authority to court.  I'm
sorry you were discriminated against, for the way you were lead around the
houses then dumped is the worst example of disgusting treatment by an
employer.  I wish you all the best for the future.