[access-uk] Digital voice / mp3 recorders

  • From: "Phil Stephenson" <philstep72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:27:37 +0100

Hi,

Am looking into getting a new digital voice / mp3 recorder to get my reader
/ support worker to use t to record books etc on my behalf...with publishers
prior permission of course!!

I currently have an Olympus DM70 (I think it's DM70, it's a DM anyway!).
Recorder is fine however I've never quite hang of using the supplied Olympus
interface to download files from the recorder onto my laptop using
Jaws....anyone else got any recommendations on a recorder they use which can
record to mp3 files and which has an accessible interface?  One with decent
storage capacity would be good to.  I have played with a Plextalk PTR1
before but reckon it was over-over-complicated and over priced!!

As ever any feedback gratefully received.

Cheers,

Phil