[access-uk] Re: Digital Switch Over

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:57:20 +0100

Hi Barbara -

I've just had this done, so can say for sure, that this scheme provides the
equipment, in my case, Freeview box, and aerial; an engineer calls installs and
sets up, but be aware, because it is a government sponsored scheme, the
engineers are very strict on health and safety, more than they might be when
working for themselves [they are all self-employed] this can mean, that they
may not replace an external aerial, but offer an indoor one instead, if fitting
an external one contravenes the current health and safety regs; this is most
likely to be the case for those living in flats/apartments.

HTH -

Andy