[access-uk] Re: Digital Recording Equipment

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:37:45 -0000

Hi.

If an accessible digital portable recorderis what you are primarily interested
in,
about the only show in town is the Plexter PTR2 sold, I think here, exclussively
by RNIB.  It is an extremely well thought out card and CD recorder in a pretty
compact package.  It works out though at around £550.00.

Steve Nutt and others here like the Edirol R09, around £300.00 - though signs of
that price coming down now.  Maybe the only other one I can think of is the
Marantz 660, which now its been updated is better now and costs around £350.00.
Both thes machines can be bought via such retailers as Studiospares, Digital
Village, or Dolphin Audio - Nothing to do with Dolphin Systems for the disabled.

All these machines record onto Compact Flash memory cards or SD cards, with the
Plexter, as mentioned, having CD recording and playback too.  The Plexter does
come with some basic editing software.

Hope that's helped a little.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: