[access-uk] Re: DigiTV recording help

  • From: "Stephen Green" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:24:39 +0100

Hi Dean

I'm not sure why you're just getting hiss - if you recorded a programme with AD enabled, you usually get digital distortions, which are drop-outs clicks and pops. The AD channel on its own is completely silent so can't introduce hiss.

However, you are correct that ITV, channel 4 and 5 routinely broadcast the AD channel even when the programme is not audio described.

If you are sure that the noise in the goldwave mp3 file is from the multiplexed AD channel, then the solution is to play the mp2 file in digiTV whilst simultaneously recording it in goldwave.

If you cant't achieve this, then there is a way of demultiplexing the audio, but it is complicated. If you want to try that then send me an email off list to:

stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx

and I will send you instructions.

Steve Green

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Wilcox" <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>