[access-uk] Re: Desktop to Laptop Keyboard

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney@xxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:40:11 +0100

Mighty stuff Amro!

Will get stuck in with that then!

Thanks

Tony
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:22 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Desktop to Laptop Keyboard

Hi Tony,

Well, you still can use a lot of the desktop commands with the laptop layout. The main differences in the laptop layout are the Jaws key plus number 8 and 9 on the numbers row simulating the mouse clicks and using some of the letters with the Jaws key instead of the num pad. So yes, you will still be using many of the desktop commands with a laptop such as Jaws key plus the function keys, the numbers row, the arrows, home, end, page up/down etc. So don't worry, it's not much of a learning curve.

And ah, you can use the keyboard help mode (Jaws plus number 1) to familiarise yourself with the new key commands.

Yeah, I find the caps lock key to be a lot more convenient to use. I'm not even sure why Jaws have laptop and desktop keyboard layouts. Unless I'm missing something, with the laptop layout one has both functionalities of the desktop layout as well as the laptop layout compiled. That's why I use the laptop layout all the time.

HTH,
Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney@xxxxx>