[access-uk] Re: Design and style (was: RE: Re: RNIB Sonic Glasses

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:58:44 +0100

Hi Ibrahim

I agree they do give you that kind of detection, and I found parked vehicles
on the pavement particularly useful if they were large.  For example, there
is a guy in the village who regularly takes delivery of furniture, and his
driver is the world's worst for parking as close to the shop on the pavement
as he can.  One day it happened that I was trying out the iGlasses and the
vehicle was there, so Martin ensured I was dead in line with it to see what
would happen.  Before I hit it, the iGlasses started to vibrate like mad.

From that perspective, they are good because you don't need to wear anything
in your ears and carry extra tools.  But design?  No way!!

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx