[access-uk] Re: Deleting a Gmail account permanently

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:58:53 +0100

Hi Jonathan

Bloody hell! (smile).  What a long way round for a shortcut!

I created a Gmail account on my PC and of course put the details into my
Nexus 7 when it was new.  Then I thought I had deleted it after creating a
new one last year when I got married, following the instructions list
members have provided for getting rid of unwanted accounts.  But the old one
still sits on my Nexus with the new one, and I just wish I could get rid of
it because it brings up an error message to the effect I can't log in.
Really, I only use Gmail on my Nexus, otherwise I wouldn't bother having an
account at all.  I had thought of performing a factory reset etc, but then
wondered if it would come back automatically because it somehow synchronises
from Gmail on the PC.

Is any of this making sense?  I am just about keeping up myself!! (lol).

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate