[access-uk] Re: Del Software

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:55:05 +0100

Hi Babs, I'd be very careful.  Most of the software with these branded machines
is often resource hungry and a pain in the ass but some are quite important as
well.  I'd investigate each one first and make sure it doesn't remove any
shared components if you remove it.  From what you've mentioned, the only one
I'd be especially cautious about would be the Dell Driver Reset Tool.  Some of
these branded machines have specific drivers because sometimes some of the
hardware isn't exactly standard and it may be very difficult to get replacement
drivers in the event of a system failure or reformat.  The other two probably
would be ok but I'd try to investigate it further before simply taking the
advice of one or two people.

Steve