[access-uk] Re: Defragmenting

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:26:49 +0100

Hi Ray.

Nope DK doesn't include a backup facility.

However it does warn you I've noticed if you schedule it to do a boot time defrag that before undertaking a task such as this you should have a current backup.

So I went investagating to see if defragging being that it's moving blocks of software and free space around on the disk to see if defragging can be potentially harmful if things go arie.

And found nothing as I was in a bit of a rush but I did find this no nonsense revie of DK 9.

http://www.barrys-rigs-n-reviews.com/reviews/2004/utilities/dsk90pro/dsk90pro1.htm

Dj Paddy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>