[access-uk] Re: Default Home Page and Accessing Sites

  • From: chris miles <grrenfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 23:09:43 +0000

On 05/01/2015 12:51, Tony Sweeney wrote:
Hi folk,

I had Google set to my home page and now I see something instead like Trovi! For my home page I'd like something that will just get me to the website I require without the "Search/Address" scenario thus when in Google I go to the address bar and when I enter after typing in the webpage I want gives me at times results as though I was doing a search! What is the best home page to have say for a windows 7 user and how can I create such
and Hopefully without it not doing searches

Cheers,

Tony Sweeney

I have for some years now used the Accessible Search engine...

http://www.google.com/accessibility/labs/search/

1. Put the above web page into your browser
2. Go to Tools
3. Go to options - press enter
4. In general tab press tab till you see use current page ALT plus C and press enter
5. Tab till you see OK and press enter.

When you start up your default browser you will see that you have changed your default web page.

All you have to do is to tab to the edit box and enter your search term and tab to the search button.

If using NVDA you can press E which will take you to the edit box and press space bar; you can then enter your search term.

You will be given a list of I think 11 items, the top one is the best ranked web page for blind persons.

Hope this works for you?