[access-uk] Re: Deciding on Favoured Player

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:30:29 +0100

Hi Tony.

Winamp is great if you can remember lots of non-windows standard keystrokes, you don't like Pink Floyd or live albums and you don't mind it being broken in some minor way each time AOL decide to mess with it.

It was certainly the most accessible 8 or 9 years ago when media player was quite poor in access terms and Itunes was a figment but, in my opinion, media player is far more accessible and doesn't need any additional scripts to make the most of it's rich functionality.

The media library works on a simple tree structure and can be easily searched. It's far better with gapless music. Just compare an album in both media player and winamp where there shouldn't be gaps between the tracks. Media player is faultless whereas winamp stutters between eachtrack momentarily.

I won't bore you with any other reasons but I think it's wellworth a try for anyone that's stuck with winamp for years thinking it's the most accessible and easy to use player when it's actually nowadays amongst the worst.

Regards.

Kevin