[access-uk] Data Protection Question

  • From: "DEREK HACKETT" <derek.hackett2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BCAB" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindTech" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:02:41 +0100

Hi Folks
Please could anyone advise me on the following issue, my wife use to run a mail
order club & after a dispute with them she close the account down in Feburary
2006, then a few weeks ago my daughter decided to order items from there web
site. She did not recieve any confrimation that her order had been recieved by
the company. Then on Friday 17th October 2008 my wife recieved the items that
my daughter had ordered using my wifes old account details and our home address
instead of my daughters new account details and her own home address.

Therefor how do we stand legally as the company will not speak to my daughter
because they say that is not her order & are using the data protection act to
protect the company.

Thanks
Derek.