[access-uk] Re: Daisy reader on my computer

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:44:49 -0000

I'm sending it to you off list Jim.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown

Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>

jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Website: www.thebrownsplace.info <http://www.thebrownsplace.info>

Twitter: @thebrownsplace

Skype: thejackmate

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Williams
Sent: 13 February 2015 16:09
To: bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Daisy reader on my computer

Hi Lists,

Apologies for cross posting but this is getting on my ***

I've purchased an Olympus DN5 recorder andhave the manual on 6 DAISY disks.

However, when I go into FS Reader 3.0 on my desktop, insert the disk into
the DVD rw drive nothing happens, apart from the drive light coming on very
briefly and then goes out after a few seconds.  I point FS Reader towards
that drive but still nothing.

I can play the disks on my CD player but I don't have the facility to move
around the disk in small incriments or create bookmardks.  any helpful hints
much appreciated.

Alternatively, has anyone out there by any chance got a word/text file of
the DN5 manual they could send me please?

Jim Williams