[access-uk] Re: Daisy players

  • From: "jeff flint" <jeffflint15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:00:09 -0000

great tip thank you.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doris and Chris" <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:55 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Daisy players

If you install any version of jaws 11 or newer, even if you run it just in 40-minute mode, it will install FS Reader also. FS used to sell FS Reader as a separate product but now bundles it with jaws.

I personally like FS Reader and find it very intuitive to use.

In addition to playing your normal audio daisy book, it wil also work with the text-only daisy books from Bookshare or, with an unlock code, with the books from "Learning Alley" (formerly Recorded Books for the Blind and Dysleexic".

If you prefer open source, Amos  is another free offering.

hth

Doris

At 12:53 PM 12/10/2011 +0000, you wrote:
I have a Plextalk pocket which I like a lot, I need a desktop player with those facilities. I bought the PTX1 from the RNIB and hate it, fine for talking books but terrible for fast flexible use.
Any tips on a good Desktop?
Jeff