[access-uk] Re: Daisy TV Listings? was Re: Are there Freeview TV Guides that are accessible in Braille or online?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:01:35 -0000

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your reply to this thread.

I think the Daisy TV Listings may become useful to me once I
have Freeview set up.

You mentioned in your message that you receive the Braille
TV Guide, and while I agree with your point that the Braille
TV Guide itself only lists ITV programs for the London area,
(most of which are broadcast nationally), I wondered in view
of your message whether you had opted to receive the
Television Guide supplement which gives regional variations
for ITV.

Knowing which town you're working in these days, I'd hazard
a guess that if you're not living too far from work, i.e.
within the midlands area, the supplement you'd need is the
same as I currently receive, Television Guide Supplement
East, as this covers the Central TV Region.

Alexander Shannon