[access-uk] Re: DWP correspondence

  • From: "C. M. B." <craigmblake1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:56:56 +0000

Hello all,

I didn’t get to read all of the replies on this topic since I’m not really a
fan of mailing lists, I just find them useful more than for discussion.

So I got hold of RNIB and they basically said in not so many words that I best
inform them of alternative formats that I need and wait until the court cases
are done to see what DWP will do. Kinda pointless advice, since after I rang
DWP I found that they know already I prefer electronic format and it’s being
piloted now, but their excuse is modernising their system and funding. Bit
naff… what, they on DOS still? Ha ha ha. Oh well, guess it’s a waiting game.
However I did manage to grab a photocopied PDF from another company I sent one
to recently. Basically fibbed that I sent them an original by mistake and
needed a photocopy. Thankfully, businesses aren’t so itchy and scratchy about
sending people their own information back to them. Just an out of the box idea
that just happened to work out for the best.

Thing is, I know many people like audio and braille etc, but I prefer a normal
print copy for my filing cabinet and an electronic one I can read on my
computer. All my personal and sensitive info is all 256k encrypted with a
two-pass method, so you’d need a bloody good computer forensics guy/girl to get
into it without my password and encryption key. Hah.

Oh well, that’s my experience, I’m not going to get into the discussion on
DWP/DLA any further from now unless there’s something of interest to reply
about.

All the best to all.  and Thanks again to Eleanor.
Regards,
Craig Blake