[access-uk] Re: DVD players

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:01:17 -0000

Hiya

I'm not sure what makes you think you'd get better sound from playing CDs on a DVD player rather than on an ordinary hifi. The sound reproduction is dependent upon the quality of amplifier and speakers you use. The only difference between a CD player and DVD player is the wavelength of the laser and optics as a finer beam is required to read the data which is more densly packed on a DVD disc.

Darren - The Brummy Woodworker

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Cretney" <rac@xxxxxxxx>