[access-uk] Re: DVD Players

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:28:42 +0100

Hi Amro

I guess it depends what you mean by accessability.  I'm not aware of any actual
DVD players with accessibility features built in other than perhaps being able
to enlarge the font display unless you look at software based players such as
power DVD or Win DVD.  In terms of ease of use, I've recently bought a new
player after fighting on for ages with a ridiculous cheap DVD recorder from
Tesco.  This is a very top endish player from Dennon called the DV2900.
Originally costing £800, it plays all DVD formats and CD formats including SACD
and DVD Audio.  You can pick them up second hand now for around £200.  They're
built like a tank with all the controls being widely spaced apart.  All the
controls are themselves nice big chunky buttons and the main transport controls
are laid out very much like a CD player.

I generally just hit the play button when I put in a DVD and find that that
usually works 99% of the time.  This was very hit and miss on my old player.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Steve

      Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:12 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] DVD Players

  Hello folks,

  I'm in the market for a new DVD player. So, is there any of these that has
any sort off accessibility features that are built into it? I'm not holding my
breath but thought I'd ask anyway :)

  Cheers,
  Amro