[access-uk] Re: DOWNLOAD FROM BBC

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:43:01 -0000

Hi all on this thread.

Yes, Goldwave and other sound editing programs are good
candidates for live streaming recording.  Another option is Total
Recorder from Sagebrush which is designed for this sort of thing.

Personally, because I haven't got around to installing propper
audio software on my machine as yet, I conect a minidisc recorder
via optical cable to my PC.  Apart from DC off-set problems, this
works well.

A few Beeb programmeshave been available lately as MP3 downloads,
stuff that I'd guess doesn't pose to many copyright issues, like
Malvyn Bragg's In Our Time.  Personally, I find even on a good
broadband connection, Real Player streams on listen again leave
something to be desired, although they are variable, I suspect to
do with how much the streaming servers are in demand effecting
bandwidth.

HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at