[access-uk] Re: DLA Entitlement Letter availability digitally.

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:31:49 +0100 (CET)

Couldn't agree more. The whole process could be handled digitally from filling
the form in to not having to print the bloody thing and post it by snail-mail,
to scanning your various bits of evidence and sending it all off online. The
mountains of paperwork I get through are a major nightmare, even though I'm at
least marginally literate and have an IQ of more than zero. There must be so
many people who can't cope with all this red tape, and, as we've been hearing,
fall foul of the time limits imposed by DWP through no direct fault of their
own.

Of course, not everyone can cope with life online either, at which point I feel
they need barrowloads of extra help, which is presumably not available in
reality.

Vince.

Message Received: Feb 26 2014, 06:53 PM
From: "C. M. B."
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] DLA Entitlement Letter availability digitally.

Hello all,

Does anybody know if there is a way to receive a copy of one’s DLA entitlement
letter digitally? e.g. through direct.gov or gov.uk or something like that? The
DWP seem extremely reluctant to send a copy digitally even through encrypted
email (I’m not talking about simple SSL or such, I’m talking advanced
encryption where only sender-receiver can access the contents of the email,
ignore that if you don’t know what I’m talking about, I don’t want to baffle
everybody with a long essay of how there are better ways of encrypting emails).

It’s a royal pain in the backside to have to wait 2 weeks for a DLA entitlement
letter every 3 months when a certain company likes to see one that is recent
and I’ve been lucky to arrange a lot of online communications with certain
companies to do this.

It seems rather backwards for the Government to go so-called digital with
Gov.uk and such and not even communicate digitally with those who find it much
easier and more efficient to access their own information that way. It’s all
very well filling in forms online and such, but it would be nice to get our
proof letter copies online somehow.

Anyway, I’d appreciate any suggestions on how to go about this, especially if
anyone has managed to do this.

Kindly,
Craig Blake** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-