[access-uk] Re: DLA Entitlement Letter availability digitally.

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:49:28 +0000

My doctor,dentist and podiatry all contact me via email so fight on and don't give in .

Hazel
On 27/02/2014 09:57, eleanor burke wrote:
my GP will not communicate with me other than print

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Feb 2014, at 08:59, Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Craig, I hear your pain both with government agencies and the RNIB.
Imagine the chaos when I was on Jobseekers Allowance and had to deal
with their stupid paperwork every two weeks.  Housing Benefit can't
get their head round it either - Every now and then  I make an effort
to tell them about accessibility, needing communication electronically
etc but this usually completely confuses them.  Last time they seemed
to think they were very advanced by offering to send me something in
large print.  At this point I have no understanding of the amount of
benefit I'm on or how they calculated it and I have no way of fining
out as, even though I have sighted assistance, sighted people often
find it hard to understand the Housing Benefit letters let alone relay
them to me.  Even if I phone up and ask the council to explain the
letters they do nothing more than reiterate when they las sent me a
letter and the general gist of it, but the actual figures and
calculations explained in the letter never find their way into my
mind.  I haven't heard that In Touch program yet but it sounds like a
step in the right direction and I would think you'd do well to put
aside your understandable disdain for the RNIB and try and get them to
work on your behalf.

Good luck and don't let the maddening bureaucrats get you down.

Catherine

On 2/27/14, Broxi72 <william.inglis72@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys, I would like to know this as well, Billy