[access-uk] Re: DAISY book construction.

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:29:01 +0000

Generally the existence of smil  files and NCC.html is a indication that this
is a Daisy Book. What I do to check the integrity of the book is to test it in
the Free PC FSReader app which is bundled with Jaws. As long as you have
installed a Jaws version, even in 40 minute demo mode you will have access to
FS Daisy reader. It works fine with NVDA for example.

I use the open with dialogue on NCC.html  file and point it at FS Reader. If
this loads the book ready for reading in FS Reader you will have the legitimate
Daisy status confirmed.

David Griffith