[access-uk] Re: DAISY and electronic document reader for IOS

  • From: "Padma Cheriyan" <pscheriyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 19:37:56 +0100

Thank you.  Will check out the link.

Padma

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Halliwell
Sent: 07 May 2014 19:27
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: DAISY and electronic document reader for IOS

Of course, I can try, and if I fail, you can learn all about it here:
www.voicedream.com

Briefly, Voice Dream "plays" documents and files, which you can rewind
through pause, bookmark in etc etc just like audio files.  It does this in a
range of formats, including daisy, .pdf .doc etc etc.  You can highlight and
bookmark sections, and you get information on playing time etc.
I know I've not really done it justice here, so I suggest you check out the
webiste smiley

Sent from my iPhone

> On 7 May 2014, at 17:43, "Padma Cheriyan" <pscheriyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi David!
>
> Can you please explain how voice Dream works?
>
> Thanks
>
> Padma

Of
> David Halliwell
> Sent: 07 May 2014 14:42
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] DAISY and electronic document reader for IOS
>
> Hi all,
> I have learnt many things from the members of this list, and I want to
share
> an app I have been using for sometime now.
> Firstly, I'm in no way affiliated the the developers of this, just a huge
> fan.
> For a long time I've been looking for a daisy player that I can use on my
> ios devices to save me carrying around a victor reader or similar device.
> travel a lot and don't want to carry an additional item, and associated
> charger.
> After spending a lot of money on various apps which were OK at best I
found
> voice dream.
> This allows the playing of daisy books, mp3 audio, .doc .epub .pdf among
> others.  The voices are great, and the interface is excellent.
> I now use this as my default player.  Transferring titles is easy too
either
> via itunes or impressively easily via dropbox.
> As I say, I'm no techi, but this app is amazing and has changed my reading
> life.
> It's just been upgraded and is available at half price until the 11th of
may
> in the App Store apparently.
> Thanks for reading, and I hope this mail is read in the spirit it was
sent,
> that some one is working for vi readers who truly understands what we need
> in an app.
> Thanks
> David
>

> Sent from my iPhone** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following