[access-uk] DAISY and electronic document reader for IOS

  • From: David Halliwell <davidpeterhalliwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 14:41:33 +0100

Hi all,
I have learnt many things from the members of this list, and I want to share an
app I have been using for sometime now.
Firstly, I'm in no way affiliated the the developers of this, just a huge fan.
For a long time I've been looking for a daisy player that I can use on my ios
devices to save me carrying around a victor reader or similar device.  I travel
a lot and don't want to carry an additional item, and associated charger.
After spending a lot of money on various apps which were OK at best I found
voice dream.
This allows the playing of daisy books, mp3 audio, .doc .epub .pdf among
others.  The voices are great, and the interface is excellent.
I now use this as my default player.  Transferring titles is easy too either
via itunes or impressively easily via dropbox.
As I say, I'm no techi, but this app is amazing and has changed my reading life.
It's just been upgraded and is available at half price until the 11th of may in
the App Store apparently.
Thanks for reading, and I hope this mail is read in the spirit it was sent,
that some one is working for vi readers who truly understands what we need in
an app.
Thanks
David

Sent from my iPhone** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
link:-