[access-uk] Re: DAISY FORMAT AND MP3'S USED IN OVERDRIVE

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:12:16 +0000

Usually when one hears the line "(product name here) will be around for
the foreseeable future"  it s just doublespeak for telling people to
prepare for the product to be phased out over time,( usually the
time-scale for phasing out has been well planned in advance but the
details have not been published" until the appropriate time").

A good indicator of a failing project  or product is if there is an
associated forum or blog, look to see when the most recent posting was
in the announcements or news portion of the forum or blog. If there has
ben no activity for a period of about three to six months, then you can
in most cases kiss that particular project or product goodbye.

However having said that, there is always the possibility that said
product, project or service is being handed over to a third party to be
serviced by them instead or even just left for the user community to use
with no official support from the original developers.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda