[access-uk] Re: DAB radios

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:04:30 +0100

Yusuf, just a thought and I Don't know where you live, but if you live in the London area then I can tell you some localities there have been deprived of a DAB signal because of a fire at Crystal Palace. So, if you use that transmitter then could just be the reason.

Ray.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all, I have 1 of the sonus talking DAB radios but I think the problem I experienced this morning applies to a lot of them. The radio was on 5live playing as normal. I went to have a shower and when I returned there was no sound. When I tried switching to any BBC station I was told station unavailable. I tried rescanning and was told that 34 stations had been found, this didn't sound right to me as I'm sure previously I had at least 50. I still got the same message. After a couple of hours I decided to try putting up the aerial and rescanning. This time I got all the BBC stations back, but as soon as I put the aerial down again I lost them.

Up till this morning I didn't need to have the aerial up for the BBC stations, can anyone offer any opinion as to why this might have happened?

My previous DAB radio, a separate did something very similar but in its case it refused to receive any stations at all and I had to get rid of it.
Yusuf