[access-uk] Re: Cursor moving to unwanted places when typing on Laptop!

  • From: "Mandy" <mandy.MJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:43:17 -0000

Yes I think that is what happens to me.

Mandy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:22 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Cursor moving to unwanted places when typing on Laptop!

If her laptop has one of those touch pad mice, accidentally rubbing your palm or finger over it can move the mouse cursor in to the text she was typing.

From: "TONY CRETNEY" <rac@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 15:01:2009 10:09 am

Hi all
I am putting this message in to the list at the request of a friend who says that when typing email messages on her laptop she sometimes finds that the cursor will move back into text that has already been typed and she will find herself inserting material which should be a continuation of the text, in the middle of what she has already typed and thus making it into nonsense. I have no idea as to what is happening here and cannot give her any advice as to what she should do to prevent this occurring. I do not currently have a laptop and have never met with this sort of thing.
Any advice would be very welcome.  Thanks in anticipation of help.
Tony