[access-uk] Current situation regarding screen capture recognition

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:50:43 -0000

Hello,

It has been a while since I needed this so apologies in advance for being
somewhat out of the loop.

I was wondering if someone could advise what the latest situation is with
respect to screen capture recognition for people with sight loss?  I used to
use Solona a while back, but my understanding was that this service is no
longer in operation due to a lack of volunteer support.  If there are any
other solutions that work with Internet Explorer, or failing that Firefox, I
would be grateful if someone could give me a run-through.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

All the best for now and take care.

Please note: this message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  I
apologise for any errors in the text.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.