[access-uk] Current List Status

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:42:48 +0100

Welcome to the newly moved access-uk list.  NOTE:  Leaving instructions, etc.,
are at the very end of this message.

Hi all,

Let me begin by apologising on a number of counts.  First, the lack of
general information.  I've been so busy this weekend setting up various
list things, and testing them, that I omitted to comment on the
Yahoogroups list.

Unfortunately too, news of subscribing to this list was published before
we've had a chance to complete the setup, and check various details for
accuracy and such like.  Indeed I did spot a major error in the FAQ
option and got the "request" address wrong.  Command requests should in
fact be sent to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Testing of various functions is not yet complete either, and so you are
likely to see a number of test messages.  I'm still experimenting with
message Headers, and Footers, which hopefully will be informative.  The
main aim is make sure that people know how to unsubscribe and set up
Holiday (or vacation) mode.

Hopefully this will only go on for a day or two more, but if this is all
going to be too much mail, we do understand, so please feel free to ask
me to temporarily set you on Vacation mode, and re-instate you when the
list is live.

On the other hand, if you'd like to check the foot of this message, you
might like to review the FAQ, and see if it provides some of the
information you would like to have on hand.  If anything's missing, just
yell, and I'll do what I can to fill in the gaps.

All being well, we will soon have a list that is free from adverts, and
is easy for members to handle as well.

Finally, if you run into serious problems, feel free to contact me
directly via the following e-mail link:-

mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All the best,

George Bell.

** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message to the above, with the subject
** faq