[access-uk] Re: Crown DAB radio: what's so special about it?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:14:30 +0100

Thanks for to David and Tristram for their replies.  Guess that as it includes
FM then a price of fifty quid or less has to be good.

Personally I rather like the Sony Portable which, amongst other things,
includes good AM coverage - though not so important these days - and Band L
which means it shouldn't be made obsolete when the day arrives when we join in
with much of the rest of Europe on band L.   The only thing it really lacks is
a built in replay facility, which is a shame.  The price is coming down now for
the Sony, with Radiotimes.com doing an offer for around £110.00 I believe.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx