[access-uk] Re: CroudViz

  • From: Saqib Hussain <saqib1975@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:11:23 +0100

Hi. Personally I don't use such services as I find them intrusive. I just don't
feel comfortable with crowdsourcing

Sent. from my iPad Air 2

On 19 Sep 2015, at 18:13, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Everyone.

I’m quite surprised that no one has spotted this little gem, however the last
issue of Top Tech Titbits told me about an app called CroudViz, which is an
alternative to Be My Eyes. It uses Face Time which gives you the option of
using the front and back facing cameras, so as well as feeling more personal
(the video is two-way), you also have the higher quality video and audio and
connections drop less frequently. It is a paid service, but the volunteers
are hand picked and checked (presumably criminally) so potentially this could
be useful when you need help with personal documents, for instance cards.
The prices aren’t bad either, after using the service a couple of times I
bought a package of 16 calls for £7.99 with each call lasting up to 10
minutes. You get 8 free calls to try the service, which I thoroughly
recommend, so please everyone, try this out and spread the word.
http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/crowdviz
All the best, Ibrahim.