[access-uk] Re: Credit card with changing security code

  • From: Shaun <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 11:49:57 +0100

There3 is a fundamental weakness in the security feature that has been overlooked. the number change will have to be transmitted to all participating retailers centrl hubs. . thaT SI WHERE FRAUDULENT PEOPLE WILL OPERATE NEXT. . OF COURSE THE ENCRYPTION WOULD HAVE TO BE BYPASSED BUT THEESE DAYS THAT IS SOMETHING THAT IS , UNFORTUNATELY GETTING EASIER BY TE MINUYTE.

On 08/10/2016 09:08, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

Yes, a bit scary. I wonder what the cost of producing such cards would be and whether the cost would outweigh what is lost via fraud.

I can see that the technology to change the number within the card wouldn’t be too problematic but I’m wondering how the retailer would know if that is the correct security number.

Alison