[access-uk] Re: Credit Card Number in Braille

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 15:58:38 +0100

Their assertion that it "poses a security risk" is erroneous,  if they
cannot provide , or arrange to have provided, the necessary information
in a manner that enables you to use your credit/debit card, then what on
earth are they doing providing the service in the first place.?
bank statements have been available in Braille for quite some time and
the information held on one of those is no less of a security concern
than a card number.
Aside from that, every time you make a phone based transaction using a
card, you are passing your number to a third person and you have NO way
of knowing whether that number is being written down and passed to
someone nearby or being picked up by an unauthorized person relying on
you being physically absent..
same issue applies with on-line transactions, despite the ssl layer
(which has been irreparably damaged and is in need of rebuilding from
the ground up )
On 23/05/2014 15:26, Angel wrote:
> On this side of the pond, I have asked my bank.  They said they couldn't.
> Blaming security.  What is worse, there is on my online banking site,
> after a person logs on with a secure password and everything, a place
> for messages to be sent and received.    I asked them if they could
> put the security code, you know the three digit code which changes
> each time a new card is issued which is on the back of the card, to be
> sent me in a private message? I didn't understand how that could be a
> breech of security.  As one would have had to access the sight to read
> any messages from the bank.  They didn't seem to be able to do this as
> well.  As far as I know no bank will either Braille the 16 digit
> number or the expiration date, or that three digit number   for us,
> and/or send it to us in any form.  I think it is a darn shame too.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eleanor Martha Burke"
> <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>

https://www.resetthenet.org/ *On June 5 2014, this email addrfess will
NOT be accepting any mails....are you in?*